[plumi-discuss] Can not install on Debian 7.8 or Ubuntu 14.04
Graabein
2015-03-05 18:49:29 UTC
Hello all

Plumi is just what I would like to use. I would say I am a
linux-newbie, but know the basic stuff, have set up many servers and
configured software and basic security. However I experience problems
setting up Plumi, I can not get it to install on Debian 7.8 or Ubuntu 14.04.

I have tried both 32bit and 64bit installations, no luck.

I have followed several guides, one after the other, like these:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/plumi/installation/
https://github.com/plumi/plumi.app/blob/master/docs/INSTALL.txt
https://mgogoulos.trinket.io/plumi-4-5#/installation/installation

...even this video:

On all attempts it stops somewhere while issuing this command (in
various variations):

./bin/python bootstrap.py && ./bin/buildout -v|

I have tried upgrading the bootstrap.py according to this thread
http://blog.plumi.org/2014/09/03/installation-on-mint-linux-17/ that
points to here: https://github.com/diefenbach/django-lfs/issues/73

After replacing bootstrap.py according to above suggestions I ran the
buildout command i various variations

|/opt/plumi/plumi.app#./bin/python bootstrap.py && ./bin/buildout -v
|
||/opt/plumi/plumi.app#|./bin/python bootstrap.py && ./bin/buildout

|||/opt/plumi/plumi.app#|./bin/python bootstrap.py && ./bin/buildout
-distribute

|||/opt/plumi/plumi.app#|./bin/python bootstrap.py && ./bin/buildout
--distribute|

All of them gave errors that would not complete the installation.

Also I tried updating setuptools, eg. pip install setuptools -U, but did
not help

*****

Here are a collection of errors I get both on Debian and Ubuntu:

first I try: |/opt/plumi/plumi.app#./bin/python bootstrap.py &&
./bin/buildout -v|

Got zc.buildout 1.4.4.
Version conflict while processing requirement setuptools (constrained to
setuptools==0.6c11)
Getting required 'setuptools==0.6c11'
We have no distributions for setuptools that satisfies 'setuptools==0.6c11'.
Getting distribution for 'setuptools==0.6c11'.
While:
Installing.
Getting distribution for 'setuptools==0.6c11'.

An internal error occurred due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a
recipe being used:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 1946, in main
getattr(buildout, command)(args)
File
"/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 467, in install
self._load_extensions()
File
"/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 995, in _load_extensions
newest=self.newest, allow_hosts=self._allow_hosts)
File
"/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/easy_install.py",
line 848, in install
return installer.install(specs, working_set)
File
"/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/easy_install.py",
line 685, in install
for_buildout_run=for_buildout_run):
File
"/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/easy_install.py",
line 549, in _get_dist
dist = self._env.best_match(requirement, ws)
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line
1042, in best_match
dist = working_set.find(req)
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line
674, in find
raise VersionConflict(dist, req)
VersionConflict: (setuptools 12.4
(/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/setuptools-12.4-py2.7.egg),
Requirement.parse('setuptools==0.6c11'))

then I tried

/opt/plumi/plumi.app# ./bin/python bootstrap.py && ./bin/buildout
-distribute
Downloading
https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/s/setuptools/setuptools-12.4.zip
Extracting in /tmp/tmpdChEPs
Now working in /tmp/tmpdChEPs/setuptools-12.4
Building a Setuptools egg in /tmp/tmpit3xvp
/tmp/tmpit3xvp/setuptools-12.4-py2.7.egg
Error: Invalid option -d

then I tried:

/opt/plumi/plumi.app# ./bin/python bootstrap.py && ./bin/buildout

which after a while ended up like this:

Got Jinja2 2.7.3.
Getting distribution for 'markupsafe'.
Got MarkupSafe 0.23.
While:
Installing.
Getting section cache.
Initializing section cache.

An internal error occured due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a
recipe being used:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-1.4.4-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 1683, in main
getattr(buildout, command)(args)
File
"/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-1.4.4-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 439, in install
[self[part]['recipe'] for part in install_parts]
File
"/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-1.4.4-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 987, in __getitem__
options._initialize()
File
"/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-1.4.4-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 1071, in _initialize
recipe_class = _install_and_load(reqs, 'zc.buildout', entry, buildout)
File
"/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-1.4.4-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 1032, in _install_and_load
req.project_name, group, entry)
File
"/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py", line
318, in load_entry_point
return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
File
"/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py", line
2220, in load_entry_point
raise ImportError("Entry point %r not found" % ((group,name),))
ImportError: Entry point ('zc.buildout', 'default') not found

****

I have also tried without virtualenvironment, using example:
|/opt/plumi/plumi.app#python bootstrap.py && ./bin/buildout|
or
|/opt/plumi/plumi.app#python2.7 bootstrap.py && ./bin/buildout|

Nothing I do will work, and I have followed the existing guides, so now
I don't know what else to do other than asking for help.

Graabein
Graabein
2015-03-06 11:38:58 UTC
I tried yet another installation on Debian 7 (DigitalOcean) this time
without any of the "virtualenv". Came a bit further, ffmpeg buildout
went fine, but ended up with this error afterwords when trying buildout
in root directory:

***@mydomain:/opt/plumi/plumi.app# ./bin/bildout (after python
bootstrap.py)

[...]

"/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/distribute-0.6.27-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py", line
337, in load_entry_point
return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
File
"/opt/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/distribute-0.6.27-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py", line
2306, in load_entry_point
raise ImportError("Entry point %r not found" % ((group,name),))
ImportError: Entry point ('zc.buildout', 'default') not found
Writing picked versions to versions.cfg
***@mydomain:/opt/plumi/plumi.app#

I did:

#apt-get install build-essential pkg-config git-core python-dev
libjpeg62-dev zlib1g-dev libxslt1-dev groff-base python-virtualenv

#useradd zope

#git clone https://github.com/plumi/plumi.app/

#cd plumi.app

(edited site.cfg to reflect domainnames)

#cd ffmpeg

#python bootstrap.py

#./bin/buildout (seems like all went fine, no errors)

# cd ..

#python bootstrap.py

#./bin/buildout

....went on for a while, and then the above mentioned error.

Then I tried the same again after updating bootstrap.py (no luck...same
error)
Then I tried the same again after pip install setuptools -U (no
luck...new error)

I am not giving up, anyone willing/able to help me?
Simone Orsi
2015-03-06 12:22:01 UTC
Hi,

try pinning these:

[versions]
zc.buildout = 1.7.1
distribute = 0.6.35

and re-do bootstrap by forcing buildout version:
../bin/python bootstrap.py --version=1.7.1

whereas ../bin/python is from your virtualenv (or your current python).

HTH,
S.
Post by Graabein
[...]
line 2306, in load_entry_point
Graabein
2015-03-06 12:48:07 UTC
Hello Simone

Thanks for trying to help, very much appreciated.

However, and unfortunately, I dont understand what you are talking about.

What is "pinning"?

and by re-do bootstrap, you mean I can just do the command over again
but this time force it to use a special version of bootstrap.py?

So I just do:
python bootstrap.py --version=1.7.1 ?

Do I have several versions of bootstrap.py in the same file, or do I
need to download a special version? If so, how do I do that, and from
where?

Graabein
Post by Simone Orsi
Hi,
[versions]
zc.buildout = 1.7.1
distribute = 0.6.35
S.
Simone Orsi
2015-03-06 15:22:20 UTC
pinning = pin the right versions of the packages :)

In buildout you can pin the versions by adding a section [versions].

You have an example into
https://github.com/plumi/plumi.app/blob/master/buildout.cfg#L86

so, add those versions pinnings to your buildout and re- do bootstrap.

You can do bootstrap as many times you want.

If you are using buildout 1.x you should use
http://downloads.buildout.org/1/bootstrap.py that should be the same
version of the plumi buildout.

By specifing --version=XXX you force the bootstrap to you use that version
of zc.buildout.

Note: before bootstrap it's better to remove zc.buildout egg from eggs/
folder, just to keep it clean if you downloaded other versions.

HTH,
S.
Graabein
2015-03-06 17:05:49 UTC
Thank you Simone, this helped me a bit further.

As you suggested I modified the buildout.cfg and added

[versions]
zc.buildout = 1.7.1
distribute = 0.6.35

Now the compiler did some more work, but then new errors occured

I got huge numbers of "PYTHON EGG CACHE, access denied error" as
described here:
https://www.google.no/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=PYTHON_EGG_CACHE&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=udn5VO6UNM-o8wfZxoAQ

Based on the myriad of different answers to how to solve it, I think it
is best to ask you in here what best to do regarding the Plumi setup.
I am confused, I must admit, as I dont understand if this python egg
cache need to be accessed ALWAYS, or just during the Plumi compiling, or
what? So I don't know what I should do to fix it. What do you suggest?

BTW, I also got some other error messages, but maybe these are related
to this cache problem?

I am compiling Plumi as root user, is this a problem? Should I do all
of this as another ordinary sudo user?

Graabein
Post by Simone Orsi
[...]
Post by Simone Orsi
Hi,
[versions]
zc.buildout = 1.7.1
distribute = 0.6.35
Graabein
2015-03-06 17:41:55 UTC
I could probably do something like described in this thread:
http://lists.plumi.org/pipermail/discuss/2014-September/006252.html

2) create a directory (ex: /opt/plumi.app/tmp/python-eggs)
give that directory full rights chmod 777 /opt/plumi.app/tmp/python-eggs

But how to I tell python to use this directory in the PYTHON_EGG_CACHE variable? Where do I edit/change this variable?

Graabein
Post by Simone Orsi
[...]
Post by Simone Orsi
Hi,
[versions]
zc.buildout = 1.7.1
distribute = 0.6.35
Simone Orsi
2015-03-06 18:19:25 UTC
do not run it as root, use a normal user.

use virtualenv if possible https://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv

as per defaul directories you can check this
http://docs.plone.org/old-reference-manuals/buildout/defaults.html
Graabein
2015-03-06 20:32:58 UTC
Post by Simone Orsi
do not run it as root, use a normal user.
use virtualenv if possible https://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv
as per defaul directories you can check this
http://docs.plone.org/old-reference-manuals/buildout/defaults.html
Thanks again Simone, your help is very appreciated.

I am making progress, but still get errors (see in the bottom of this
thread).

Here is what I did (Debian 7.8 DigitalOcean):

***@mydomain:# apt-get install build-essential pkg-config git-core
python-dev libjpeg62-dev zlib1g-dev libxslt1-dev groff-base
python-virtualenv
***@mydomain:# useradd zope
***@mydomain:# adduser videomaster (set password)
***@mydomain:# su videomaster
***@mydomain:~/ cd (to home)
***@mydomain:~/mkdir plumi

Then followed
http://docs.plone.org/old-reference-manuals/buildout/defaults.html
***@mydomain:~/mkdir .buildout
***@mydomain:~/cd .buildout
***@mydomain:~/.buildout$ mkdir eggs
***@mydomain:~/.buildout$ mkdir downloads
***@mydomain:~/.buildout$ mkdir extends
***@mydomain:~/.buildout$ nano default.cfg

Added the following in default.cfg

[buildout]
eggs-directory = /home/videomaster/.buildout/eggs
download-cache = /home/videomaster/.buildout/downloads
extends-cache = /home/videomaster/.buildout/extends

(saved default.cfg)

$ cd ..
$ cd plumi
$ git clone https://github.com/plumi/plumi.app/
$ cd plumi.app
$ nano buildout.cfg

Added:
[versions]
zc.buildout = 1.7.1
distribute = 0.6.35

(saved buildout.cfg)

$ nano site.cfg

Modified
www-server-name = mydomain.org
www-videoserver-name = newvideos.mydomain.org

(saved site.cfg)

~/plumi.app$ virtualenv .

~/plumi.app$ cd ffmpeg
~/plumi.app/ffmpeg$ ../bin/python bootstrap.py && ./bin/buildout -vN

Looks like all went well in ffmpeg, so elevated up one dir

~/plumi.app$ ./bin/python bootstrap.py && ./bin/buildout -v

Then it worked for a long time, much longer than earlier.

I got a lot of "syntax error" messages along the way, but it continued
and continued, and at the end it looked like you see below. I just
copy&past a little part of the final compiling for you to see.

chgrp: changing group of `/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/var/log':
Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of `/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/var':
Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of
`/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/transcoded': Operation not permitted
mkdir: cannot create directory
`/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/var/filestorage': File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory
`/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/var/blobstorage': File exists
chown: cannot access `/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/eggs': No such
file or directory
chown: changing ownership of
`/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/torrents': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of
`/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/torrents_safe': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of
`/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/var/filestorage': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of
`/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/var/blobstorage': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of
`/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/var/log/plone.log': Operation not
permitted
chown: changing ownership of
`/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/var/log/plone-Z2.log': Operation not
permitted
chown: changing ownership of
`/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/parts/transcodedaemon/transcodedaemon.log':
Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of
`/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/parts/transcodedaemon': Operation not
permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/tmp//plumitmp': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/tmp//plumitmp': Operation not permitted
Unused options for chown: 'update-command'.
Installing plumisite.
Installing 'zc.recipe.egg', 'collective.recipe.scriptgen'.
We have the distribution that satisfies 'zc.recipe.egg==1.2.2'.
We have the best distribution that satisfies 'collective.recipe.scriptgen'.
Picked: collective.recipe.scriptgen = 0.2
Getting required 'zc.buildout==1.7.1'
We have the distribution that satisfies 'zc.buildout==1.7.1'.
Getting required 'distribute==0.6.35'
We have the distribution that satisfies 'distribute==0.6.35'.
Generated script '/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/bin/plumisite'.
Installing auto-install-plumisite.
Error: only root can use -u USER to change users
For help, use /home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/bin/zeoserver -h
While:
Installing auto-install-plumisite.

An internal error occurred due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a
recipe being used:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"/home/videomaster/.buildout/eggs/zc.buildout-1.7.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 1866, in main
getattr(buildout, command)(args)
File
"/home/videomaster/.buildout/eggs/zc.buildout-1.7.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 625, in install
installed_files = self[part]._call(recipe.install)
File
"/home/videomaster/.buildout/eggs/zc.buildout-1.7.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 1345, in _call
return f()
File
"/home/videomaster/.buildout/eggs/collective.recipe.cmd-0.10-py2.7.egg/collective/recipe/cmd/__init__.py",
line 56, in install
self.execute()
File
"/home/videomaster/.buildout/eggs/collective.recipe.cmd-0.10-py2.7.egg/collective/recipe/cmd/__init__.py",
line 69, in execute
run_commands(cmds, self.shell)
File
"/home/videomaster/.buildout/eggs/collective.recipe.cmd-0.10-py2.7.egg/collective/recipe/cmd/__init__.py",
line 39, in run_commands
check_call('%s %s' % (shell, tmpfile), shell=True)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 511, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
CalledProcessError: Command 'sh /tmp/tmpV_mayD/run' returned non-zero
exit status 2
Writing picked versions to versions.cfg
Graabein
Markos Gogoulos
2015-03-09 10:41:31 UTC
Hi Graabein,

the buildout needs update, but if you follow Simoni's instructions you can
make it work.

Personally I run Plumi buildout as root, to take care of all the
chowns/chmods etc, since you define users that will run services on
site.cfg. I usually create a user (eg zope) and set this on site.cfg as
transcode-user, zeo-user, zope_user etc.

On a debian 7.8 system I was able to install plumi following the
instructions to pin the two packages. I didn't have to upgrade setuptools
etc, I used system's python (with virtualenv)

So on buildout.cfg on [versions] I added these two lines

zc.buildout = 1.7.1
distribute = 0.6.35

then
./bin/python bootstrap.py && ./bin/buildout -v

after this finishes

cd ffmpeg && ../bin/python bootstrap.py &&./bin/buildout -v

after that I could start supervisord as root, and it chowns to the
specified users.

A quick fix for the PYTHON_EGG_CACHE issue, is to set this env before you
run supervisord or supervisorctl.

Eg if your plumi installation is /home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app, create
/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/var/.python-eggs (and chown the dir as
the zope-user of site.cfg)
Then before you start supervisord or supervisorctl run

PYTHON_EGG_CACHE="/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/var/.python-eggs"
export PYTHON_EGG_CACHE
/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/bin/supervisord

you can set this to /etc/rc.local if you plan to start plumi after reboots.
You can also set the above on supervisord script, by adding to
bin/supervisord

import sys, os

os.environ['PYTHON_EGG_CACHE'] =
"/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/var/.python-eggs"

(in this case note that this will be overridden next time buildout is run )

Hope this helps!

YG. based on the last output you've sent I would suggest that you re-run
the buildout as root, and let it fix the permissions.
state of the art information systems
Graabein
2015-03-09 12:04:50 UTC
Hi Markos

I just tried your suggestions running this setup as root. This on a
fresh Ubuntu 14.04 64bit server. It did not work out very well, here
are the errors: (I will now try on Debian 7.8):

Got mr.developer 1.21.
Version conflict while processing requirement zc.buildout (constrained
to zc.buildout==1.7.1)
Getting required 'zc.buildout==1.7.1'
We have no distributions for zc.buildout that satisfies
'zc.buildout==1.7.1'.
Getting distribution for 'zc.buildout==1.7.1'.
Running easy_install:
"/home/ubuntubasic/plumi/plumi.app/bin/python" "-c" "from
setuptools.command.easy_install import main; main()" "-mZUNxd"
"/home/ubuntubasic/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/tmpvYU16S" "-q"
"/home/ubuntubasic/plumi/plumi.app/downloads/dist/zc.buildout-1.7.1.tar.gz"
path=/home/ubuntubasic/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/setuptools-14.0-py2.7.egg

Got zc.buildout 1.7.1.
Version conflict while processing requirement setuptools (constrained to
setuptools==0.6c11)
Getting required 'setuptools==0.6c11'
We have no distributions for setuptools that satisfies 'setuptools==0.6c11'.
Getting distribution for 'setuptools==0.6c11'.
While:
Installing.
Getting distribution for 'setuptools==0.6c11'.

An internal error occurred due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a
recipe being used:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"/home/ubuntubasic/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 1946, in main
getattr(buildout, command)(args)
File
"/home/ubuntubasic/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 467, in install
self._load_extensions()
File
"/home/ubuntubasic/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 995, in _load_extensions
newest=self.newest, allow_hosts=self._allow_hosts)
File
"/home/ubuntubasic/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/easy_install.py",
line 848, in install
return installer.install(specs, working_set)
File
"/home/ubuntubasic/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/easy_install.py",
line 685, in install
for_buildout_run=for_buildout_run):
File
"/home/ubuntubasic/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/zc.buildout-2.3.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/easy_install.py",
line 549, in _get_dist
dist = self._env.best_match(requirement, ws)
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line
1042, in best_match
dist = working_set.find(req)
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line
674, in find
raise VersionConflict(dist, req)
VersionConflict: (setuptools 14.0
Post by Graabein
[...]
www-server-name = mydomain.org <http://mydomain.org>
www-videoserver-name = newvideos.mydomain.org
<http://newvideos.mydomain.org>
Markos Gogoulos
2015-03-09 13:32:57 UTC
just re-run it and it should be ok (./bin/python bootstrap.py &&
./bin/buildout -v)
Post by Graabein
[...]
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 674,
Graabein
2015-03-09 16:47:21 UTC
Fresh installation of Debian 7.8 64 bit on DigitalOcean, now works :-)

***@mydomain:# apt-get install build-essential pkg-config git-core
python-dev libjpeg62-dev zlib1g-dev libxslt1-dev groff-base
python-virtualenv
***@mydomain:# useradd zope
***@mydomain:# adduser videomaster (set password)
***@mydomain:# su videomaster
***@mydomain:~/ cd (to home)
***@mydomain:~/mkdir plumi
$ cd plumi
$ git clone https://github.com/plumi/plumi.app/
$ cd plumi.app
$ nano buildout.cfg

Added:
[versions]
zc.buildout = 1.7.1
distribute = 0.6.35

(saved buildout.cfg)

$ nano site.cfg

Modified
arch = linux64
www-server-name = mydomain.org <http://mydomain.org>
www-videoserver-name = newvideos.mydomain.org
<http://newvideos.mydomain.org>

(saved site.cfg)

~/plumi.app$ virtualenv .

~/plumi.app$ cd ffmpeg
~/plumi.app/ffmpeg$ ../bin/python bootstrap.py && ./bin/buildout -v

cd ..

~/plumi.app$ ./bin/python bootstrap.py && ./bin/buildout -v

~/plumi.app$./bin/supervisord

Point browser to rootdomain, logg inn :-)
Post by Markos Gogoulos
[...]
(/home/ubuntubasic/plumi/plumi.app/eggs/setuptools-14.0-py2.7.egg), Requirement.parse('setuptools==0.6c11'))
Post by Graabein
[...]
`/home/videomaster/plumi/plumi.app/var': Operation not permitted
Markos Gogoulos
2015-03-09 17:22:02 UTC
Nice to read so!

I'm planning to update buildout.cfg plus instructions, to reflect recent
Debian/Ubuntu versions.
FYI in summer I created this manual https://mgogoulos.trinket.io/plumi-4-5#
which is the most up to date plumi manual for now.

Let us know about the portal you create so we can include it on the plumi
blog.

Cheers from Greece,
Markos